25 Good Habits for a Healthy Body and Mind
Are you tired of your bad habits? Looking for ways to make a change for the better? If you want a better life, you have to constantly find ways to improve it... and the easiest way is picking up one Good Habit at a time.
So here is a list of 25 habits you can adopt to live better, feel better and be better!
1) Exercise doing something you love - find your favourite way to exercise and stick to it for 30 minutes a day. The body needs to move and you need to break a sweat for it to be considered exercise!
2) Get up early - getting up early gives you a kick start for the day ahead and can reduce stress levels.
3) Have a nightime routine - give yourself time to decompress from your day and go to bed at the same time every night.
4) Drink more water - at least two litres (eight cups) a day.
5) Eat at least one healthy meal a day
6) Have at least an hour a day away from your phone - changing your relationship with your phone can have effects that are surprisingly profound
7) Have a skin care routine - keeping good habits in addition to good skin care will help the skin age gracefully and beautifully. Good Habits Skin gives your skin the collagen and vitamins it need to be at it's best.
8) Hang up your clothes at night - or put them in the washing basket.
9) Buy something new for your home - wake up somewhere you love.
10) Learn something new every day - find a newspaper, magazine, video tutorial, blog, or anything else that you enjoy.
11) Research new music - research has shown that listening to music in general reduces blood pressure, causes the release of dopamine and improves muscle function.
12) Smile at the checkout person - spread happiness wherever you can and it will come back around.
13) Call your family more - it will mean more to them than you think.
14) Try not to catastrophize - catastrophizing does not usually have any benefits. Negative thinking can be a learned habit. One tip is to write down your thoughts. This can de-charge your emotions and help you see more clearly.
15) Don't compare yourself to others - count your blessings and focus on your strengths.
16) Give yourself more compliments - because you deserve it.
17) Don't overwork yourself - take a break once an hour.
18) Keep your home clean - a clean home is proven to lower stress and fatigue.
19) Clean out your fridge - a clean fridge is good for the mind!
20) Count to ten and take deep breaths - don't take your frustration out on people that don't deserve it.
21) Keep track of your medication or vitamins - there are so many health benefits to ensuring that you get the proper vitamins and minerals every single day, that they’re too long to list here!
22) Surround yourself with positive people - we tend to absorb the actions of those we spend a lot of time with.
23) Listen - take an interest in other peoples’ lives and you’ll be surprised just how much it will come back to you.
24) Laugh and smile, even when you're stressed - laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
25) Sleep - getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night is critical to your vitality.
Sticking to new habits is always difficult but remember - it will be worth it in the end.